Saturday, 17 January 2015
Today I really fancied a piece of lemon drizzle cake, so obviously I made 3 batches of the delicious lemony goodness – Don’t judge me, I am giving 2 of them away!!
Here is how I did it!
*For the cake*
200g Unsalted, softened butter.
200g Caster sugar.
100g Ground almonds.
100g Plain flour.
1/2 tsp Baking powder.
4 Lg Eggs.
2 Lg Lemons (zest only).
*For the drizzle*
2 Lg Lemons (Juice only).
4 tbsp Caster sugar.
5 tbsp Cold water.
Making a mess!!
* Line a 20cm loaf tin with baking parchment and turn your oven to 160 degrees C.
* Cream the butter and sugar together with a whisk/ mixer or by hand until light and fluffy.
*Separate the eggs. Lightly whisk the yolks and add to the butter and sugar mixture.
* Whisk the egg whites until light and fluffy and whisk into the mixture.
* Add the flour (sifted), ground almonds and baking powder.
* Grate the zest of 2 lemons and add to the mixture and thoroughly mix in.
* Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 40 minutes.
*For the drizzle*
* Whilst the cake is baking, dissolve the sugar, water and juice of 2 lemons over a low heat.
* Once the cake comes out of the oven, use a skewer or knife to prick holes all over the cake and drizzle over the syrup.
* Leave the cake to cool and absorb the syrup.
…… Finally, cut into slices and enjoy with a nice cup of tea!!
Tuesday, 6 January 2015
I have been a very lucky lady indeed and have been bought an amazing food processor / smoothie maker combo as a Christmas gift from the Mr. I don’t think it is sad that I am getting excited by this is it…? No, you’re right it’s not!!
I have been making a delicious breakfast smoothie with a kick in the mornings to make sure that I am awake and ready to get me through the day ahead. It’s a scrummy mandarin and (plenty of) ginger smoothie, here is the recipe below if you fancy giving it a try.
1 small can of mandarin segments in juice.
10g of ginger root (approx – you can keep adding if you feel that you need more). I use quite a bit more, but I lurve me a bit of ginger
2 tbs of low fat yoghurt.
5 ice cubes.
Put all the ingredients into your blender, whizz for approx 20 seconds and ta da!
It may not be the most complicated recipe/method in the world, but it’s just so tasty and delicious and is guaranteed to wake you up – plus it’s so easy you can do it whilst half asleep and watching good morning TV.
If you have any other smoothie recipes that you think are yummy I would appreciate the recipes as I am a newbie at this!!
Have a lovely day
Tuesday, 6 January 2015
I just wanted to say I hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year (albeit a tad late but better late than never right…?)
I have been a naughty blogger these past few months and haven’t posted anything at all *slaps hands*, I will be keeping this little site updated with my shenanigans from this year, from weekly pictures, recipes, fitness and nutrition posts and other bits and bobs I hope you all find interesting. So be patient whilst i try and get back into the swing of things, having time off work really does make all your sense of time/ day/ month etc go out of the window!!
See you all soon!!
Saturday, 8 March 2014
OK, so I am getting a bit greedy on the skiing holiday front…. but this is my last one this season.. I promise. Last week me and the boys tottled over to the French Alps, to the gorgeous resort of Meribel. Even though I spent a week with boys (ewww gross), It was a-maze-ing. Here are a few snaps of what we got up to during the week.(We also have hours worth of GoPro footage, but I will upload those at a later date, once we have filtered through through and picked out the bestest and funniest bits).
Love these guys ♥
Apres at La Folie Douce
Standard Hot Chocolate on the Slopes.
(Literally cant get enough of these mmmmmmm)Random badger in the Chalet. Badger Badger Badger Badger MUSHROOM
We enjoyed both skiing and apres silliness. We will definitely be back next year for a cheeky few ski holidays. ♥
Wednesday, 19 February 2014
The other half asked me last Friday if I wanted to go Skiing tomorrow (Shocked face)…..After a 2 minute deliberation of the pros and cons of going so soon, I decided to go against all my instincts and pack my bags for some swoosh swoosh action. So…. Lets go to the Alps<3
Here are a few snaps of what we got up to whilst we were there.
On the Chalet hosts night off, we went to an amazing Restaurant called Le Bouida. I had Shrimp and the other half had Lamb. It was A-MAZ-ING.
You cant go to France and not have crème brulee <3
…Or a cheeky chocolate fondant cake.
Thursday, 6 February 2014
1. Reading the Daily Mail every single day after work.
2. Pretending I know more about science than I actually do.
3. Being scared I’ll never actually ‘make it’ in the real world.
4. Not really knowing what I want to ‘make it’ as.
5. Exaggerating. I exaggerate a lot. Too much.
6. Watching Keeping up with the Kardashians every time I go to the gym.
7. Losing my car in the car park and wandering around like a lost child looking for it.
8. Hating car parks/ parking spaces/ parking in general. Why do they make the spaces so damn small?
9. Being wayyy to into Gossip Girl and thinking that one day I will be like Blair Waldorf (A girl can dream).
10. Spelling Wednesday ‘Wed-Nes-Day’ and Because ‘Big Elephants Can’t Always Use Small Exits’.
11. Having fictional arguments in my head/ dreams and being annoyed at whoever I had the imaginary argument with.
12. Forgetting the names of everyone I just met. Hi there…………You.
13. Saying ‘What’ instead of ‘Pardon’. It makes me cringe when other people do it, so I should know better.
14. Cutting people off because I have something to say that is just SO.IMPORTANT when I have had a glass of wine or two.
15. Not following instructions when baking, only for the recipe to turn into mush…and eating it anyway.
What are you guilty of doing?